Location: Alief Taylor High School, Houston, TX
Time: 10:30am through 4:00pm
Keynote Speaker - Sharon Draper
* Cynthia Leitich Smith (Tantalize and Eternal)
* Beth Fantaskey (Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side and Jekel Loves Hyde)
* Marjetta Geerling (Fancy White Trash)
* Jon Skovron (Struts and Frets)
* Judson Roberts (The Strongbow Saga)
* Jimmy Gownley (Amelia Rules)
* George O'Connor (Olympians Rule)
* Terry Moore (Strangers in Paradise, Echo, Runaways)
* Gayle Forman (If I Stay, Sisters in Sanity and You Can't Get There from Here)
* The Fillbach brothers (Maxwell Strangewell, Road Kill, Clone Wars)
* Elizabeth Eulberg (The Lonely Hearts Club)
* Paula Morris (Ruined)
I will be full of squee this coming weekend. Not because I’ve read all the authors in the list above, but because I’ll be at an actual book convention! One of these days, I’ll be ready to host something like this, myself, but for now I’m content to enjoy a convention organised by someone who isn’t trying to build a literary empire.
It’s been a long, hard road getting to a point where I feel like YA Lit Review is making at least a small mark. I’ve had a lot of help along the way, and I’m happy to make sure any of my readers in Houston know about Blue Willow Bookshop. I’ve done a couple of interviews there already, and it’s the place I’ve met several authors. My contact there, Cathy, has been wonderful! Blue Willow is the official book seller for Teen Book Con this year. Please visit their website, and stop by if you’re in Houston. It’s a great indie bookstore, and they carry many books that the bigger stores never do!
As for the Con, itself, Sharon Draper is the keynote speaker. There will also be author panels to attend, books to buy and get signed, and live music at lunch. The Con is FREE to everyone, which is very cool. It's not often that you get such a great group of authors together where you don't have to pay to get in!
So, if you're in the Houston area, or if you can get to the Houston area, please make some time on your Saturday to visit the Teen Book Con. If you are going to be there, let me know! I'd love to meet and visit with any of my wonderful readers/followers/listeners! (and, for those of you attending, there will be a special rate on the literary magazine!!)
I definitely hope to see you there!