Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Children's Book Week at Blue Willow Bookshop

James Dashner and Brandon Mull at Blue Willow Bookshop

You know James Dashner best for penning the amazing Maze Runner, out in October of last year. He is also the author of the 13th Reality trilogy, as well as The Jimmy Fincher Saga, a series of four books.




Brandon Mull gave us the brilliant Fablehaven series, and Candy Shop Wars (which could be a movie in the next couple of years).




These two authors were great this past Monday. They kicked off Children’s Book Week at Blue Willow Bookshop in Houston, TX. It was a nice crowd, full of kids, and James and Brandon kept them engaged and answered a lot of questions.

I wasn’t in a very good position to get any pictures, but I had a lot of fun listening to these two authors talk about writing, touring, and their most embarrassing moments from childhood. There were some die-hard fans in the audience, and several moms and dads who’d also read the books, which is always nice to see.

They were both extremely nice. They offered up their contact information for interviews, so I hope to have some reviews and a couple of interviews for you soon!

I just wish I could’ve gotten to 13th Reality or Maze Runner before the event. And I almost finished the first of Fablehaven, but I left the book at my parents’ house this weekend. Oops! I did get the second of the Fablehaven series signed, as well as the first book in 13th Reality.

And there’s swag! I have prizes for two people who comment on this post. Leave your name, age, email address and a comment about either James Dashner's books or Brandon Mull's books. Winners will be chosen at random.

One winner will get a signed Fablehaven poster, plus a bookmark, as well as a tote and poster for Children’s Book Week. The second winner will get a signed Fablehaven poster (plus bookmark) and a signed 13th Reality poster (plus bookmark). Both winners will also receive a copy of our first issue of the Literary Magazine.

One last, fun announcement… The podcast will turn two years old in June. I’m celebrating with a birthday party, and I want to include everyone who might want to come. So if you’re in the Houston area, or could get here, and would like an invitation, send me your email address and you’ll get an evite!

Now, go on and enjoy the rest of Book Week!

1 comment:

  1. Ummm, I'm Lisa Gibson, I'm 43 and I love juvenile lit. Everyone say, Hi Lisa. I read The Candy Shop War and could not seem to put it down. Love that book! I'm going to get my son to read it here shortly. Terrific boy book too. I really need to start on the Fablehaven series. I just so darn caught up in ohter books right now. You can find me at lisadgibson@live.com

    ReplyDelete